Wedding thoughts
At this time next month I will be standing at the alter getting married. So now is the chance for all of you who are happily married or happily divorced to leave your advice or Do's and Don'ts for me.
My question is how did you manage to stand for several hours in heels and the giant puffy dress?


15 Comments:
My question is how did you manage to stand for several hours in heels and the giant puffy dress?
It was very difficult, but I managed it somehow. I think the ice pack in my cortch helped.
practice, my dear, practice...
TCMH actually had two skirts that went with her dress. The big fluffy one for the pictures and ceremony, then a svelte one for dancing. Tip - have Mike help you hold the bouquet during the pictures - that sucker can get heavy!
I never took my tux jacket off the whole evening, even if I was sweating like a bear. It was my wedding day, goshdarnit, and I was looking good!
As for tips and advice - don't lose yourself in the marriage. Keep a little time/space for yourself. TCMH does yoga and I play on the PC. It works for us and makes us stronger together.
Thanks for the advice gentlemen.
Higgy I am making my own Bouquet so I can make it as heavy or as light as I want!!! The dress I can't change the weight of though.
I guess I better start practicing!
I didn't. I stood there for about 20 minutes in ballet flats.
Plus, you know, it meant I got to be married to Dave. And for that I'd go through much worse.
I have heels for the ceremony. I may switch into ballet slippers after. I want to look tall next to too tall Mike for the wedding pictures though.
good point about the butter.
Sally I would absolutley go through so much more for Weasel.
If, in a family argument, it turns out that you are right... apologize at once! -- Robert A. Heinlein
Some other bits of wisdom from the same work -- but not all; the above and a couple others are missing -- can be found here. And I'll ask Mrs. WriterDude about the fashion end of things.
My best advice, dear, is to do as I did and marry up!
Jamester
Jamester - Too late for that! :-P The groom has already been selected. Well he is about a step and a half up at 6'3".
Well, it's good advice. Weasel is using it, at least!
Jamester
and why are you wearing heels and a giant puffy dress to your weeding,anyway? put on some jeans, get out your trowel and uproot some stuff!
Insom- As a Woman it is my duty to wear a puffy dress and heels. It is the only day of my adult life I get to play princess and noone will laugh at me.
As far as wedded bliss advice goes, I'll just pass along the wisdom my mother drilled into my head the entire time I was growing up:
Love is a choice. One you make daily. Just like happiness is a daily choice. Love and happiness don't just happen to you. You have to choose to be happy and to love someone else. Some days that's a harder choice to make than on other days. But if you make the choice to love every day, the weight of all the previous choices makes the next choice easier.
Great advice Sally.
Kaf-I can wear Jeans and T shirts almost any day I want so I kinda want the Wedding to be special. Weasel and the best man were going to come dressed as vikings. I managed to talk them down to pirates at the rehearsal.
Dr. Mad, I got married 20 years ago and wore a puffy dress a la Princess Diana. It was seriously tight and puffy.
After a few reception champaigns I really didn't notice the dress. OK, I noticed it when I had to use the bathroom. That was rough.
The shoes hurt like bloody hell (but they were really cute). They came and stayed off immediately after the ceremony. I was the barefoot bride.
I've heard of brides providing flip-flops for themselves and their bridesmaids. Sounds good to me!
Post a Comment
<< Home