California living
Signs that I have been in CA too long:
1) I required caffeine because I got up so early and I elected to stop at the drive thru starsmucks
2) There were 2 hummers in the parking lot and I didn't think this was weird.
3) I immediately knew that the hummers could not fit through the drive thru and I didn't care
4) I ordered an item and used the words Venti, latte and non-fat
5) After drinking half my caffeine I realized my shirt was buttoned incorrectly such that my belly was hanging out and figured I would leave it that way to start a new fashion trend. Afterall if Britney Spears can pull off the look so can I.
Signs I have not been fully integrated into the CA culture:
1) I was smart enough to get out of my car and go inside where there was no line rather than sit in the long line at the drive thru. Californians only leave their cars by force.
2) I was a little upset by the fact that only me and the hummer guys were inside the store
3) I was a little spooked that my trendy cup had a passage about Watson & Crick and the discovery of DNA on it. I don't want my paper cups to be smarter than me
4) I rebuttoned my shirt when I got to work. A research lab is not place for Britney.
5) Despite all the caffeine I left my work badge/keys in the car and had to go back for them. When I got back to my car I resisted the urg to drive around looking for a closer parking space.


7 Comments:
I miss-button my shirts all the time!!! yayyyy for Mad!!
Where I grew up in CA it was illegal to have a drive through anything. No drive-thru library book drop, dry cleaners, pharmacy, restaurants, car wash, nothing. I came to UT where EVERYTHING that can have a drive through, does, including Check n Go and the bank. I felt like I had moved to the Lazy Butt State, Beehive State my foot!
I've seen a drive through Liquor Store - which always confused me.
Yay for Mad for going inside the starbucks!!
no drive-thru liquor stores here! but State Liquor Stores? You betcha!
Higgy lots of "Brew Thru's" in the south. You just can't buy there on Sundays. Man I miss the south!
Yipe. I am California living and I live in Illinois.
There's a new drive-thru Starbucks two minutes away. I consider myself blessed.
It snows a lot here so everybody has 4 wheel drive (including me) and lots of people have Hummers. My friends describe their Hummers as "cute".
I don't know of any drive-thru liquor store but I bet there are LOTS downstate. Downstate is the part of the Land o' Lincoln that isn't Chicago. It's like a whole different part of the country down there.
I usually have something unbuttoned or unzipped. I belong in institutional clothing.
A photo on His Daveness' site! Wow, you are a star.
And congrats on the wedding. You deserve the best.
Post a Comment
<< Home