The Mad Scientist's Lab

I'm a virologist working hard to prevent the spread of HIV through research and education. Please visit the AVERT prevention site linked below and feel free to ask any questions here.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ph.D. GRADUATION

Here are some images of my graduation from the University of Virginia. It was a long 6 years spread from east coast to west. But I guess it was all worth it in the end.
Dean and me
Here my Thesis chair congratulates me
diploma
Here I get my diploma. FINALLY!!!
family
All my friends and family
Mike
Weasel points out the obvious
Hooding
Here I get hooded. It sounds scarier than it is.

11 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful. I have a pic of the dean of my law school handing me my diploma and it's thrilling and yours is too.

Congratulations on this very major accomplishment!!

 
At 6/06/2006 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations- from one blue ph.d hood to another

 
At 6/07/2006 3:43 AM, Blogger Leetie said...

Hearty congratulations!

 
At 6/07/2006 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYY for Mad! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. *hug*

 
At 6/07/2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Mad Scientist said...

Thanks El, Kaf, Insom, Leetie and MIK!!!

I didn't shave Weasel he shaved himself and then went and cut all his hair off. Poor Weasel is having an identity crisis or something. I guess he wants to look different for the wedding or something.

I'll try to get a picture of him with the short hair soon.

I miss you guys!

 
At 6/07/2006 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for our Dr. Mad! Congratulations!! Brilliant AND beautiful AND dedicated AND determined; Weasel, you are one incredibly lucky man.

 
At 6/07/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger punky said...

You go girl!

We all know how very hard you worked for this!

Congratulations. Be proud. We are!

 
At 6/08/2006 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!

*Looks forward to 4 or 5 years from now*

 
At 6/12/2006 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me add my belated congrats, Dr. Mad, on your outstanding achievement.

(My first attempt at posting this disappeared into the ether, so if this doubles, that's why. ;-))

 
At 6/14/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Higgy said...

Way to go, Mad!!

Splendid pictures - you look ecstatic - as well you should be!

Now we'll be seeing that same smile, just in a white dress....

6 weeks and counting...

 
At 7/15/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Woah, I stayed away from the internet WAY too long.

Congrats, Dr. Mad! It seems like such a small celebration for something so huge in the making. You deserve a full-blown parade!

What an achievement.

And you're getting married soon!

Best. Summer. Ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home