The Mad Scientist's Lab

I'm a virologist working hard to prevent the spread of HIV through research and education. Please visit the AVERT prevention site linked below and feel free to ask any questions here.

Monday, October 03, 2005

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Ladies please take care of your breasts. Check them every month and have your annual mammogram. for more resources visit here

Six years ago my mother died from breast cancer at the age of 46. By the time her cancer was found it was already stage IV (the worst). I helped her battle cancer for 18 months before she was released from the pain. Please for the sake of your daughters, your mothers, your wives, your friends spread the word and educate the women in your life.

My sister had a photo exhibit during my mother's battle with cancer. You can read more about it and see some of the photos here It is a registration site use bugmenot

Also consider supporting finding a cure by purchasing the breast cancer stamps or saving lids or tabs

Thanks

7 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 11:57 AM, Blogger Mike Weasel said...

That reminds me, City of Hope is having a walk thing for breast cancer this Sunday morning.

http://www.cityofhope.org/walkforhope/
http://www.cityofhope.org/WalkforHope/losangeles/

 
At 10/03/2005 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder!

 
At 10/03/2005 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M&M's have special bags of all-pink ones, for this month,too!

 
At 10/03/2005 9:25 PM, Blogger Mad Scientist said...

thanks insomniac I didn't know that

 
At 10/04/2005 9:29 AM, Blogger Mad Scientist said...

kaf we are seeting up a donations page online for the walk for hope Mike and I are doing. I will post it here soon.

 
At 10/04/2005 12:46 PM, Blogger Mike Weasel said...

Mmm... M&Ms...

 
At 10/04/2005 6:19 PM, Blogger Mad Scientist said...

kaf I think they only take US dollars, but I'm sure NZ must have some similar research charities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home